INSIGHT BALI TOURS
With so much spirituality, traditions and customs held high, Bali is the perfect destination to get to know better. The friendly Balinese are more than happy to introduce their culture to you and to take you off the beaten tracks to visit the most beautiful places by bicycle or on foot.
Learn more about our Insight Bali tours:
Interested in really getting to know the culture and people of Indonesia? Or are you looking for that hidden paradise that can only be reached on foot or by bicycle? Our Insight tours are our signature tours of a few days that will give you a taste of the real spirit of Indonesia. Combine Insight tours with the Discover tour of your destination to go off the beaten track, but not forgetting to visit the more known, but equally interesting sights.
These tours are only examples, the program will be tailor made to your wishes for an unforgettable travel experience. For more information, please contact us.
Gain more insight in other destinations:
Tour itinerary Insight Tabanan
Day 1: From Sanur to Blayu
Day 2: Blayu, cycling trip
Day 3: Village walk, transfer to Ubud
sleep comfortable in the kampung
- Stay in a beautifully located villa with amazing views over the rice fields. The villas are located in a local village area for you to experience the authentic Bali and yet have a comfortable rom with a romantic bath tub for 2!
cycle to tanah lot or jatiluwih
- Take the bike and cycle through the villages and the famous rice terraces of Jatiluwih. Or cycle in the afternoon towards the photogenic temple Tanah Lot to see the sunset.
- The beautiful rice terraces you see from your room should also be explored more thoroughly. Walk through the surroundings, meet friendly villagers and gain more insight in their way of living.
Tour itinerary Insight Ubud
Day 1: Ubud, pick your excursion
Day 2: Ubud, pick your excursion
Day 3: Cycling Ubud-Sidemen
hands on with balinese artists and healers
- Known as the arts and culture center of Bali, Ubud is home to a many Balinese artists and healers. Experience a purification ceremony at the holy springs of Tirta Empul. Dressed in a Sarong, you pray together with a Balinese healer surrounded by flowers and incense. The purification ceremony in the holy water gives you the possibility to experience the soul of Bali.
- Visit local compounds to learn the art of your choice from an expert. Try on Balinese dancing or how to play a Balinese music instrument such as Gangsa. Practice your painting skills with a painter or start wood carving. Children can also be hands on by learning how to play Balinese puppets or making kites.
east bali by bicycle
- Hop on a mountainbike to cycle towards Sidemen. Explore the amazing surroundings of East Bali including a few beautiful temples.
Tour itinerary Insight Sidemen
Day 1: Cooking & Balinese offerings class local village
Day 2: Excursion: Spiritual way of Bali
Day 3: Walk rice fields, transfer out
cooking & offerings making class
- At a local compound in a small kampung you will be taught by the housewives how to make some of Bali’s most famous dishes. Afterwards, do as locals do and drink some coffee with pisang goreng while preparing Balinese offering baskets. It is an art that seems more simple than it actually is!
visit a priest and a shaman
- Back to the compound in the morning to finish your offerings and stroll down to the temple. You will learn about the offerings and a priest will bless the food you have prepared, which will become your lunch! Afterwards you will visit a shaman who can read your character by using the complex Balinese calendar system.
- Famous for its rice terraces, Sidemen offers beautiful views. Walk through the agricultural fields and enjoy the surroundings.
"Groot voordeel is ook dat Tari Travel de leuke plekjes kent, de eerste nacht sliepen we ook in een klein dorpje naast sawa's. Precies wat je wilt na een lange vlucht. De meeste plaatsen waar we sliepen waren erg mooi en luxe"
read more >
Frits & dochters I Bali & Java